Calibre Week in Review

I’ve been putting up my week in reviews on based on a week starting on Monday for some time now. I’ve been thinking about this and it doesn’t really make much sense. Calibre has a release pretty much every Friday now. So starting next week I’m going to change my week in review to be […]

Calibre Week In Review

Kovid just tagged the 0.6.33 release so it should be out the door later today. Only one major feature from me this week. The PRS driver can new customize what gets turned into a collection. The default was and is series and tags. Now under the device interface configuration you can specify any metadata field. […]

Cybook 2.0 Firmware Calibre Fix

I’ve committed a fix for the Cybook 2.0 firmware id issue I posted yesterday. In calibre I’ve combined the Gen 3 and Opus device interfaces into one generic Cybook interface. Both were very similar and the Opus was just a subclass of the Gen 3. Also, with the 2.0 firmware being for both the Gen […]

Cybook 2.0 Firmware Identity Issues

On Christmas eve Bookeen finally released the long awaited 2.0 firmware for the Cybook Gen 3 and Cybook Opus. As soon as I returned from my Christmas vacation I upgraded my Gen 3 to the 2.0 version. Today while debugging a device issue for calibre I noticed that my Gen 3 kept being detected as […]

Calibre Week In Review

There was a major change this week to the device infrastructure. Kovid merged (with some modification) my changes to allow “Send to device” to use custom device paths just like “Save to disk”. Kovid’s major change to my implementation are having a separate save template for “Send to device” and allowing for per device overrides […]

Calibre Week in Review

I spent a bit of time working on calibre this week. I worked on profiles, devices and a bug fix here and there. A few new profiles were added. Specifically profiles for the Sony PRS 300 and 900. They have a different screen size and resolution than the 6″ models so they warranted their own […]

Calibre Week in Review

FB2 output has been improved. It no longer generated very invalid markup. The output generator still isn’t where I want it to be though. The changes are mostly cleanup and fix long standing issues with the output. One major change is I reverted having <h1> tags work as section and title markers. I don’t like […]

Calibre Week in Review

This week hasn’t seen very much in the way of new features from me. I’ve only added one. This is mainly because I’ve been doing small bug fixes leading up to the beta for 0.6. The new feature, which Kovid helped me to implement, is ejecting the reader from within the GUI. When you mouse […]

Calibre Week in Review

It seems that PDF is becoming the never ending format for me. Maybe I should start naming the posts PDF Work instead of Calibre Week in Review… One minor and one major change to PDF processing this week. The minor change was a fix for bug 2342. German umlauts are now displayed correctly in the […]