Calibre Weeks in Review

It has been a few weeks since I’ve done a calibre week in review. This is partly because I had been working on some new features for the upcoming 0.8 release. I haven’t wanted to talk about it very much until the release gets closer. Kovid said yesterday that he will be reviewing my changes […]

Calibre Week in Review

Once again this is a big week with a lot of little changes. The majority of which were related to TXT input. Format Specifications I was thinking about the fact that for all of the formats I support I use the format specification to know how the reading and writing should happen and how they […]

Calibre Week in Review

This is really a two week in review because I didn’t do one last week. The past two weeks I didn’t focus on major changes. I mainly spent my time with little tweaks and closing out bugs. All of these little changes didn’t feel like I accomplished very much but getting them all together it […]

Calibre Week in Review

TXT input got some more work. It now supports the Textile markup language. This can be used in place of Markdown. Textile is also supported by the new auto-detection in TXT input. FB2 output had some more bug fixes. The cover image is now put inside of the coverpage element in the metadata header. This […]

Calibre Week in Review

This week saw massive improvements to TXT input. I started the week with a slew of changes and as soon as I had implemented the first of them Lee Dolsen contacted me. We’ve worked together before improving PDF input. Since then he’s done a lot of work with preprocessing of PDF and other not so […]

Calibre Week in Review

I did some work with PDF output. Mainly I refactored some of the output generation code to reduce redundant sections. Over all there won’t be any user visible changes. The main reason I dove back into PDF output was because a user on OS X noted that PDF produced were not searchable. Windows users are […]

Calibre Week in Review

This week saw some more work on FB2 output. I’ve added support for a few formatting types from the 2.1 spec. Also, a very helpful user submitted a patch for sectionizing. It allows for sectonizing based on the file structure (based on EPUB splitting), no sectonizing and based on TOC. There is one limitation based […]

Back to work on calibre

I’ve become active in contributing to calibre again. So far I’ve been focusing on fixing issues related to the output formats I maintain. I’ve been focusing on FB2 and TXT output at the moment. With FB2 output my goals were to fix as many bugs with it as possible and to produce 100% valid output. […]

Calibre Week in Review

FB2 output has been improved. It no longer generated very invalid markup. The output generator still isn’t where I want it to be though. The changes are mostly cleanup and fix long standing issues with the output. One major change is I reverted having <h1> tags work as section and title markers. I don’t like […]

Calibre Week In Reveiw

Most this week was spent turning PML input and output. I spent a bit of work bug tracking and enhancing FB2 output as well. The changes for PML input are as follows. Pass along the included cover as the cover when converting (also applies to eReader PDB). Allow for images to be in top level, […]